Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Win CE distributed networking & storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincanuck

Computer
Jan 28, 2002
CA
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to connect 3 or more Windows CE boxes together through a wireless network with the purpose of file sharing. The tricks to this problem are:
a) All the CE boxes should transfer files to some central computer where all the files are stored.
b) If, for some reason, the wireless connection is broken (potentially in the middle of a file transfer) the CE box should keep the file on it's system until the connection is restored and it can transfer the file.
c) The CE box only has one available PC card slot (the other is being used) and no onboard storage (except for the onboard flash memory for OS storage).

So, what I've been thinking is a 802.11, Bluetooth or GPRS PC card which also has onboard flash memory where a file can be cached until network transfer is possible. Unfortunately, I can't find anything remotely like this.

Does anything like this product exist, or is there another product that will serve my needs?

Cheers,

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back