Wincrete Pre-Stressed Single Tee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSEILS

Structural
Jul 31, 2024
US
Heys guys,

I'm currently working on a project that was done in 1970. The ceiling is made up of 36" depth 8' wide precast tee beams. The engineer on the job at the time marked the tees as Wincrete #36T247C 4-5.

I cannot find anything online or in our library about Wincrete or the beam designation. I was wondering if anyone has worked with Wincrete precast at all before they disappeared off the face of the earth.

I assume the callout means 36" depth Tee with 24 strands at 7/16 diameter. If anyone has another idea of what it could be signifying I would love to hear it.

Thanks guys,
Dom

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Don't know about what they did back then, but now the beam designation only indicates the concrete dimemsions, and the number of strands varies for each span/loading condition. I suspect you may have to find another way to determine the size and number of strands.

If there's a way to access the end of the beams, you could measure and count. Otherwise, there are scanners available (pricey, but available) that would show the steel in the cross-section.

@bridgesmith, I have the span of the beams. And sorry for the confusion the beams are single-tee prestressed concrete. I am only an intern so I am new to a lot of this stuff. The only thing I don't have is the number of strands and the strand diameter.

No confusion on my end. I'm just saying it's doubtful the other numbers in the beam designation are the strand configuration; more likely designating the flange width, flange thickness, web thickness, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back