Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WindowsXP 64 bits for UGNX5

Status
Not open for further replies.

stytgat

Automotive
Mar 29, 2010
DE
Hello,

One short question :

If I install OS Windows XP in 64 bits version, is there a special version for UGNX5 or is it the same like 32 bits?

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OK, technically we are not certifying NX 4.0 and NX 5.0 on Windows 7, however it seems to run OK, at least in my case where I copied over from, but did not actually install, NX 4.0 and NX 5.0 from my older Windows XP system to my new Windows 7 system. Now this is not official, just my antidotal experience so proceed with caution and always remember, 'your mileage may vary'.

As for NX 6.0 and NX 7.0, there should be no problems with installing either of these on Windows 7 with the confidence that we will provide full support and help if you encounter any problems.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Any other questions:

1 - it is true that the version included with FlexLM NX4 is incompatible with Windows 7?

2 - to make run NX4 on W7 need to install the license server on Windows XP?

Thanks for your answers.
Ciao.

That may be our official position since we do NOT plan on certifying the pre-NX 5.0 FlexLM license server software on Windows 7.

That being said, I've successfully installed the pre-NX 5.0 FlexLM lincense server on my new laptop running Windows 7 with only one issue and that is that you will have to manually set the UGII_LICENSE_FILE= environment variable in your system profile.

As I've stated before; "...this is not official, just my antidotal experience so proceed with caution and always remember, 'your mileage may vary'."

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back