Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wireless standards and codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy6

Petroleum
Aug 25, 2005
CA
I am working with a company that is developing "Petroleum Applications for Wireless Systems."

I am looking for the specifics on wireless systems in general. Such things as Obstruction density, antenna placement etc.. all things that will give us a general idea of what hurdles we have to over come.

If someone has specifics or standards on a wireless system that is in place about any of these areas or related areas I could really use the information or direction as to where to get it.

I'm finding if very difficult to find resources that give me these details.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is wireless? Is that radio? Searching wireless I found 830 from ISO, AFNOR, ANSI, ARINC, ASHRAE, ASTM, ATIS, BSI, CENELEC, DIN, … Thinning to wireless data, most are in TIA, EIA. Searching spread spectrum, many are in ETSI, more in TIA. IEEE has a few telemetry standards for telephone interfaces. Other telemetry include DLA, ARMY, NAVY, MFSC. Radio gets thousands of FCC, etc. Look for USCG, ABS, API etc. for offshore.

Do you subscribe to IHS specs & standards?

John

The wireless that I am talking about is radio.
I am not currently a subscriber to IHS specs & standards but I would like information on how and where I could be.
Thanks,
Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back