Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wobbe Index Analyser

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDuck

Industrial
Jul 19, 2008
US
thread830-205276

Responding to an old thread with a new one; the Wobbe Index Analyzer will report in BTU the same as a Gas Chromatograph, but the response time is in the 5 to 10 second range, and typically much faster that a GC.

I wanted to correctly note that the manufacturer of the Cosa Wobbe Index Analyzer was actually a U.S. based company (Xentaur), located in Yaphank, NY and not packaged by a German company as suggested this original thread (thread830-205276)

David Hailey, Ph.D. Director of Business Development Xentaur Corp & Combustion Products Manager Cosa Instrument.

Is Xentaur only applicable for the WIM 9601/9602 series and newer; or does it apply to older models too?

This covers models Cosa models 9600 (internal series numbers 9601 & 9602 denoting options) and the current 9610 model.

The final point of assembly and environmental testing has always been at the Xentaur manufacturing facilities in Yaphank, NY for the Cosa9600. Foreign content of materials has sharply decreased over the past several years and all research & development is conducted from this facility.

Let me know if this answered your question, or if I need to add more details, thanks!

David Hailey, Ph.D. Director of Business Development Xentaur Corp & Combustion Products Manager Cosa Instrument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back