Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wood wool slabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixP

Mechanical
Jul 25, 2004
IE

I am looking for the compressive strength of wood wool slabs of varying thicknesses to assess suitablity of this type of roof to take some additional equipment on it. can anyone point me in the right direction. i don't know who manufactured the panels. they are approx 600mm wide and 120 deep with metal formed channels running along the edges.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've never heard of wood wool slabs. I found a paper called "Mechanical and physical properties of wood-wool slabs" ( but the web link goes to just an abstract. I also found a book on plastering that describes a wood wool slab as a material used for siding or ceilings, having excellent acoustic properties. I would imagine that they'll crush under not too heavy of a concentrated load and that there are manufacturers that make load-supporting hardware. I would contact *any* manufacturer and ask their opinion on crushing strength of this material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back