Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

work in great platform, but less involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon87

Mechanical
May 27, 2015
DE
Hey all,
Directly jioning in my company after graduate with engineering master degree, and my company is leading position in own field, and my functional unit is growing state.
I have been through some project, but my job is mostly for focusing on "seeing" others work, less project or parts I can in charge of it. 2 years later, boss let me to find more little project on my own as a sales with engineering expertise background, it's really unbelieveable!
In my opinion, if you can work as technical service, at least you can enough experience to provide better service, then explore the marketing gradually. one things lead to another, less work experience means lost learning and growing opportunity.
So, recently, I spend my most time on reading relative thechnical report and standards, but it's really not effective by self-learning for engineering project.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry Leon, I realize English probably isn't your first language but I'm struggling to follow your post, or understand what question you are asking.

Maybe someone in forum1529 can help you with translation if you post over there initially, then re-post here?

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

I had also face same problem after my graduation... I read the article which you had shared with us @KENAT and its quite good i say. Thanks for sharing.

Prakash Panchal,
Business Analyst,
YouTellMe Media Pvt. Ltd.
401, B-wing, Sun vision, Hanuman road, Vile Parle (E), Mumbai-400057

It seems that Leon87 is sharing his experience of what he feels improved his work experience and what doesn't seem to work as well. If so, Bravo!
If there is a question or problem in there, I hope he explains more fully.

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively."
-Dalai Lama XIV

I got the impression the OP might have been asking whether there is a better way to learn new things that might be useful on future projects. To that end, participating in Eng-Tips is probably very beneficial, particularly if you attempt to answer questions. Nothing sharpens understanding of a given subject than trying to explain why something works the way it does. Even if you don't directly participate, reading through the postings is probably very effective as well, as there is usually a mix of basic questions and more complicated ones.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
There is a homework forum hosted by engineering.com:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back