Work Measurement Training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Adcox

Industrial
Jun 27, 2017
US
thread301-4371
Work Measurement Training. I know this thread has been closed, but thought it was worth commenting on. I would have to agree with a Visitor post where they made comment about Maynard training which involves Most training. Most training although great is very structured and may not be easily adapted to all study work. Great tool where you have assembly type jobs which are very precise. However, when you have non assembly type jobs you have a considerable amount of variation. I have been training work measurement for many years from information that I have collected from working with the older textile companies such as West Point Pepperell, and Cannon Mills, but see the value in both tools which were used at Cannon Mills. A basic understand of how to do time studies and what to do with information is essential to building good Job Standard Sheets. There appears to be a very limited number of companies that can provide training from doing basic time studies and ending with actual building of standards. One company that was mentioned in a post was Industrial Time Study Institute which appears to offer a comprehensive course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back