Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Work Measurement Training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmjohnson

Industrial
Jan 11, 2001
US
I'm looking for work measurement/time study training. I'm not looking for training on specific computer programs (which seem abundant), but rather a general course to explain and demonstrate time study principles and techniques. I have found (and contacted) "Industrial Timestudy Institute" and they look promising, but I cannot find any other facilities out there for training to compare with. I have a degree in IE, but I have been out of the field for five years and am looking for a refresher course for me. Furthermore, I am looking at sending two other people with no specific work measurement training.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I concur with the Feb 12 reply from ronbo. H.B. Maynard in Pittsburgh supplies MOST training (and other) work measurement courses.

I've found MOST to be invaluable for production rating, as well as cost estimating and continuous improvement scenario comparisons.
After one is familiar with it, MOST is quick and easy to apply, and surprisingly accurate.
An additional benefit from MOST training is the certification (Blue Card) recieved after passing the one week course, which is generally recognized by Unions and industry professionals as the "state of the art" method for motion analysis.

I do believe it best to have some timestudy basics understanding beforehand, but we're not dealing with nuclear physics here.

Good luck!

There is a text book which I purchased way back (may not be published anymore). It provided basic training and may be of some help or go to Barnes and Noble and search for current books.

TIME STUDY ENGINEERING
William H. Schutt
McGraw-Hill Book Company

Al Kirby
askkkf@avci.net

Does anyone have any automated tools (shareware or spreadsheet, or db) that do work measurement tracking? I'm specifically looking for something to automate our time studies so we can get away from the stopwatch. If you do, let me know.

I'm not sure if this is what your're looking for as far as "automating" your time studies but you might want to look at what has to offer. I personally haven't tried these products as I use MOST.

Jeff

As a long time industrial engineering educator let me suggest that a good source of this training might be your local industrial engineering or IE technology program. Another good source would be the professional organizations, such as IIE.

i am an industrial engineer looking for Devoloping a software for garment industries.please give information regarding this software.
thanking you

I bought a simple to use solution for work measurement. It taught me how to do time studies and work sampling studies. I've been using it for about a year now and have saved a lot of my time. Try it, here's the web site to get all kinds of information

Timestudy Training: I attended Industrial Timestudy Institute timestudy training program many years ago. It was an excellent "hands on course". Our company has tried other courses-including Maynard and found the best results came from Industrial Timestudy.

Timestudy Software: We use Royal Dossetts datawriter & timestudy and work sampling software. Its simple and easy to use.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back