Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workbench meshing automatically updates and increases relevance

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDDK

Marine/Ocean
Sep 5, 2018
GB
I am doing a comparative study, which means I have 2 very similar models, but with some small differences in geometry. I would really like to have identical mesh, as the differences are quite small and the results will be affected. However, in one of the 2 models, Meshing automatically updates into a higher relevance, with the results that one model has finer mesh than the other. Normally I would refine the other mesh, but it's already a long and heavy analysis and I would like to keep the coarser mesh. I don't have many mesh controls.

Does anyone know what prompts Meshing to refine? And if it doesn't in one model, why the other? The differences are a few mm, in a much larger model.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@ L_K
Thank you for your offer. I managed to tweak the geometry model, and the meshing is the same. Possibly something I oversaw in the geometric model. The mesh settings were identical in both models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back