Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workflow, or Customization or Change Management?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechdesignron

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2008
US
Hello,

I am using Teamcenter 8.3. I have a situation where I have a part "A" in many assemblies. Some of these assemblies have status and some do not. I want to replace part "A" with part "B" in all the assemblies. I am looking for options/possibilities. Some of the tasks that I would like to do are:

Find a way to be able to select several Revisions and mass revise them. Perhaps I could gather all my items in a folder and revise everything in the folder? Could I expand all my items, CTRL click the revisions and run a command? Has anyone done something like this with a workflow or Java or ITK? Do you think it can be done.
Find a way to mass replace Part "A" with Part "B" in the new BOMs. And save them. Through workflow, Java or ITK?
Are there better tools for this in latter versions of Teamcenter?

The one thing I would like to avoid, although I may not be able to, is to simply make Part "A" made from Part "B". If you have come across this and that is what you do please let me know.

Thank you for any suggestions or ideas.

Ron Michalowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back