Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working Examples 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

V5Virgin

Aerospace
Mar 3, 2003
US
Hi all,

I've recently started to learn V5, having been a V4 user for many years. I find the easiest way to learn is by doing working examples. I've managed to locate a couple of these on the net, but would like to find some more. The PracticalCatia ones were good, but a little basic. All I was looking for was a list of steps required to complete various modelling/assembly/detailing tasks.
Also, does anyone have any tips for the basic techniques for using the commands/icons??.. e.g. manipluation of icons etc, command structure.
For example, how do you do things like multiple translations?.. I seem to be re-issuing the command for each individual element.

Sorry for the epic.....just can be a bit fustrating at first.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I hope you have the V5 documentation installed and functional.

If so, notice that every product has mini-tutorials with accompanying sample work models. You can spend many hours working through what is provided by CATIA, then buy Cozzens V5 Workbooks I and II.

Don't forget that the last documentation disk is a folder of PDF manuals to study and print out.

Multi-translations using the compass can be accomplished by multi selecting the parts you want to move by holding down the Ctrl key while selecting.

If you double click the icon you are trying to use over and over, it should stay selected until you click on it after using to deactivate it.

Is that what you are trying to do?

If so, I hope this answers your question.

I'm in the opposite situation, I learned V5 and and now teaching myself V4 for my current job.

Michael

Micheal....

That's a switch - learning V4 after using V5! Care to share your experiences? I imagine you find V4 very difficult? Do you use the V4 sketcher?

thanks, ...Jack

Hi
A small tip for "re-issuing the command " again and again
Use the command "Repeat"(Ctrl + y) . This will repeat the last executed command.
for example after creating a fillet u can select " repeat command to get the fillet icon". Take care not to use it after undo as it will redo what ever was undone.

Cheers
Ganesh.N

ganesh.n@engg.tjc.co.in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back