Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working Pressures for TTMA Flanges 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurnitureGuy

Industrial
May 13, 2009
US
Greetings everyone...

I've lurked at Eng-Tips for a while and gotten a lot of great information from this site.

I now have a question that I can't find the answer to by doing a Search and am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am trying to find the working pressures for TTMA (Tank and Trailer Manufacturer's Association) flanges. I was wondering if anyone had any information on these type of fittings.

Thanks!!

Mike

Michael Thompson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No honey, it's not the garage... it's my shop.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've never heard of these TTMA flanges so I don't know what they are like. If they are bolted and circular you could establish a safe working pressure using the ASME VIII Div. 1 or Div. 2 flange design method, also found in PD5500.

Thanks C2it!! I appreciate the nudge in the right direction!!

Cheers!!

Mike

Michael Thompson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No honey, it's not the garage... it's my shop.

Mike,

If you intend to do some flange calculations you might visit the 'Pipemill' site advertised at the top of the page. The software covers several Code methods of flange design and analysis in addition to many other subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back