Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working with .tcl, .def files for custom CLS file output

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmFLIPPER

Mechanical
Feb 18, 2006
US
Hello all,
Working in NX 7.5.5 and now soon 11.0.
The Company also works in Catia.
We will be moving to a post processor that will handle both output. Catia APT and NX CLS files.

I am familiar with the APT side and adjusting the pptables for my desired output. Have also done some work with the standard clsf.tcl files to get some output I need for now but need more.

I am looking for some reading material on the definitions and available language to pull from cells from within NX. (IE. mom_tool_description) I will try to get the info as close as possible moving into the posting software so when done you cannot tell what app produced the NC file. Its a goal. Once I get the correct custom pptable and custom .tcl file in place.

Also maybe something on building equations. EX. Like to only post a spindle rpm if it is check marked for output and not to repeat redundant values if same from one path to the next.

I'm not be apposed for someone that would be willing to help and produce these for me at a cost.

At this point I have a lot of homework on my plate and would like any suggestions.

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you have the license for Post Builder?
There is a variable browser that comes with Post Builder.
var_browser_x9215j.jpg

John Joyce
Manufacturing Engineer
Senior Aerospace CT
NX 10 & 11.0.1 Vericut 8.0

Yes we do. Currently we use it for Mill-Turn only.

All our other post , and there are many are for GPM.

Thanks I will look at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back