Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WorkOver Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetProdEng

Petroleum
Feb 19, 2008
GB
Guys can you please help me out with a good book on work over identification. For example how to look for an acid job, Frac Job or how to identify weather to use plunger lift, gas lift, intermittent gas lift, velocity strings etc. how would you differentiate which one to use. I have a good idea how to design these but the identification using the production or test seperator data for onshore wells. Can you guys reccoment any good SPE papers or a good book that shows you how to identify workovers for gas condensate wells or oil wells. Any input would be appreciated. Thanx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What do you mean with WO identification?
Which kind of intervention or artificial lift is the best intervention or artificial lift for the well? - No, I don't know any book written simply to answer these questions. The reasons are many and are related with economics, equipment availability, expertise, formations fluid and well characteristics. Each of these components are treated in different books, or some of them together in Petroleum Handbooks, BUT none of them gives you a ready to go recipe of what WO is best for your well.

Tim

It's a question of looking at the evidence, diagnosing the problem and then selecting a solution. Basically you look at the history of the well and try to work out what (if anything) has gone wrong with it and what you can do about it. For example if the PI has dropped, maybe you need to reperforate/ scale treat the well; if the reservoir pressure has dropped then you need artifical lift/ different tubing size/ velocity string...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back