Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workspace and Toolbar files

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikonen

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2005
US
setting up a new workstation and was wondering where the files are typically located for my workspace environment including customized toolbars and their locations? If I don't need to go back through it again I'd rather not.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you already have a workstation set up how you like it, use the 'Copy Settings Wizard' to create a file that you can throw onto a thumb driver, or network, and then use it when setting up your new workstation. Take a look at the help files for more in depth info.

Jeff Mirisola
Director of Engineering
M9 Defense
My Blog

If you are also upgrading to a new SW version (and even if not), take the time to go through ALL the options and reset to suit. You may be pleasantly surprised at what you find, especially if you click the associated Help icon when you find an 'new' option. It really doesn't take that long.

If you are upgrading from XP to Win7, using the Copy Settings Wizard could cause more problems than it solves, because different file locations/names have been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back