WRONG YIELD STRESS AT 50C ON VVD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yigithan

Mechanical
Jan 29, 2018
TR
Hı ,
I have a question abouth vvd ( vissual vessel design ) program.
For exapmle when i choose AD2000 for design standart and T max :50C material P355GH . VVD calculating with 355 mpa yield stress .As you know acc to 10028 yield stres at 50C for P355 gh is 343 mpa not 355 !!!... why is it calculating like that ?
When i enter 51C it is fixing , yield stress is being 342.6 mpa but for 50C it is calculating with 355mpa ...
For this reason i m entering 51 C on vvd when i need a calc for max working at 50 C .
İs it a kind of bug of this program or is that any point that im missing ? ..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not know the mentionned program.
But AD2000-W1:2006 subclause 6.7: The values indicated in material specifications ...for 20°C are valid up to 50° C, the values indicated for 100°c are valid up to 120°C...

Thank you so much for your great answer . I got one more abouth AD2000 :) AD2000 B0 9.2.1 says you have to add 1 mm corrrosion allowance if you are using carbon steel .. But İM not sure is that neccesary? For example im designing an lpg or air tank and will be painted just from outside ( no protection from inside) am i have to add 1 mm corrosion allowance to min . thickness ? sometimes our customers wants vessel with carbon steel with 0 mm corrosion allOwance ( no protection from inside ) is it imposible for AD2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back