Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X-Y Data Grid Options in Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nileo2005

Mechanical
Jul 10, 2008
US
Hey all. Quick question that the documentation doesn't seem to address about plotting X-Y data in Abaqus Viewer. I'm currently using 6.10-1 if it makes a difference.
When I'm plotting multiple lines of data that use different units on one graph, it seems like it chooses the primary Y axis and I cannot figure out how or if it can be changed. My primary annoyance of this is when trying the grid system on a graph.
Example: I have a energy and a displacement curve to graph on the same plot. I turn the grid on and the major and minor grid lines sync with the energy axis' tick marks. For my particular graph, I want the grid lines to sync with the displacement axis. Anyone know how to do this? If it can be done that is? Plotting the graphs in a different order doesn't change it either. Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If there's problems with XY plotting then I usually save the data in the abaqus.rpt and copy it from there into Excel to do what ever.

Tata

Yeah, that is usually my fall back plan, but it is nice to make the pretty pictures when the graphs are time synced in a movie with the deformation and what not.
The grid system is really not that big of a deal, its more for the pretty presentation factor, but it seems like its such an easy thing that I can't imagine they overlooked. I just can't find it for the life of me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back