Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XM/SIRIUS Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

pijames

Electrical
Mar 14, 2005
US
Hi,

I need to build a good XM/SIRIUS little repeater. This repeater has to reproduce good quality satellite (XM and Sirius) signal in a room of about 30 x 5 feet.
Do you know a page or a way to build this little receiver?
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This sounds like a simple antenna#1 & amp & antenna#2, just to strengthen an outdoor signal.

There is similar hardware for GPS indoor reception.

buy two XM/Sirius antennas and buy one amplifier and some cable and hook them up.

30x5 feet is very odd shape, sounds like an Environmental test cell for autos.
Indoors you will have some peaks and nulls in the antenna pattern as you move around the room.

It's been awhile, did you ever do this project?

kch.

If you are just trying to get the satelite reception transmitted around and throughout the room, what about getting one of the receiver models that has a FM modulator in it, and pick up the signal with a FM radio?

I have a receiver that is able to be moved from vehicle to vehicle that I use at home when not travelling, and I often listen to it via FM radioes located thoughout the house or even via a headset when outside in the hammock.

This type of receiver can be bought at any large truck stop as well as most 'sound' shops that are dealers for XM/Sirius.

rmw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back