Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xrefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

taffcad

Mechanical
May 27, 2004
GB
After getting paperspace/modelspace under my belt along comes xrefs and it all starts again. Right the question is this. Large drawing 4 floors turned into flats and I need to install all the new bathrooms. Now I have got the reason for xrefs eg to keep file size down with mutiple blocks adding up etc. Do I make a new drawing up for each floor by copying the wall layouts from the original drawing and then insert the sanitary blocks on the new drawing then with the new drawing xref that to the original. ? do I need to remove the walls on the new drawing or use them as a ref point and overlay onto the original.Hope that gives an idea of my problem.

Looking forward to any answers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would create a new drawing, insert original as xref at Insertion Pt 0,0,0. Screen the xref. Do only your proposed work (including blocks, linework, etc) in the file at a heavier lineweight.

Engineering is the practice of the art of science - Steve

Thanks for the response. Not sure what you mean by screen. Can you explain please. Also by doing work on the inserted original/new drawing does that mean what goes in is saved auto as an xref.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back