Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yet Another Text Linking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADAMFULLER

Nuclear
Jul 3, 2001
US
Just another question please. Is there a way to link individual cells in excel with a text node or a text data cell in microstation. Example: If I have a floor plan. Each room is numbered with a data cell (text with a box around it). That room number is also listed in a table at the bottom of the drawing in a table with its corresponding room description. So for instance a room number would be L-019 or L-019A. Is there a way to link the one cell in Excel with both of the locations, the one in the drawing and the one in the table. We are currently in the finishing stages of the design and room numbers sometimes change. Like because of a larger room being split up the new label could be L-022 or L-022A. If you could help with this answer that would be great.

Adam
ARFULLER@BECHTEL.COM

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm figuring your done w/ this project ... a year later.

But anyway ... here's info for futurre reference.
We have an Excel macro that grabs the value from the room number cell AND it pulls the room name and spits them out into an excel spread sheet.
The macro is "visual basic" based which specifically looks for the cell name for the number value. And looks for the room name based on the level it is on.

We had it made specifically for us. CADGURUS.com did the job. It was a couple of bucks ... 200 or so. Not bad if you intend to do this from job to job. You have the ability to change the name of the cell it looks for and the filename of the CAD file.

It's the only solution I know of...
Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back