YOKOGAWA BRAIN/HART MODEM USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmados

Electrical
Dec 2, 2010
ID
Hello friends.

I am end user yokokawa's pressure transmitter with BRAIN communication protocol in power plant. Currently for setup and calibration the communication device to use are Brain Terminal (BT2000). For future I will prepare to change communication device with BRAIN/HART MODEM USB.

Question :
whether BRAIN/HART MODEM USB get connected via another software i.e PACTWARE (Process Automation Configuration Tool).

Could some one tell to me if any experience with my planning.

Currently the pactware get connected via Microflex hart modem usb with result very good.

I am looking forward information?????

best regards.
Carmados

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can specify the Yokogawa transmitters with Hart (and NOT BRAIN) system and get read of those problems in the future. For HART there are several companies that make the comunicators, (not only Rosemount, 6,000$ Hart comunicator ) but like SMAR have adupter and software for PALM Piolt, and Procomsol (Procomsol.com) with verity of modems and software.

Dear ilan7.

Thanks for your info.

currently for set up and calibration instrumentation devices with hart communication protocol, I am using PACTWARE combination with Microflx usb Hart modem and working very good.

Yokogawa have product communication i.e HART MODEM and BRAIN/HART MODEM. The information that HART/BRAIN MODEM working only with FIELDMATE SOFTWARE (YOKOGAWA PRODUCT).
but I dont believe since this is commercial rule.

I want try out whether BRAIN/HART MODEM USB get connected via PACTWARE (Process Automation Configuration Tool) not with FIELDMATE ?????

If some one have experiences with my idea, I am looking forward.

Thanks,
Carmados

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=aeeb4aeb-03f4-4130-93b8-bd025251569b&file=GS01R01A01-01E_FIELDMATE.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back