Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Youngs modulus and Poissons ratio of Nimonic C-263

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydneyjongleur

Materials
Jul 22, 2011
GB
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody knows Youngs modulus and Poissons ratio of Nimonic C-263. I have found a range of information but finding it difficult to determine anything definitive.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Take the info that you have, and then compare to similar alloys.
There are a variety of modulus numbers published because the tests were done differently.
But no one tells you how they measured.
Also check to make sure that the heat treat conditions match. This can be critical.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

The heat treatment condition wont effect the modulus though? This will remain constant at room temperature regardless of condition.

I have compared against Inco718 and it falls within the ball park, but I was hoping that someone may have some info on this alloy as there is not a lot of info available

Thanks for that.

This was one of the websites I found info on, but its still quite open- Poisson's Ratio- 0.27-0.30 and Elastic Modulus 190-210(GPa)

What are you looking for - exact values? Either keep looking or settle on a mean value of the stated ranges. Also, service temperature will affect the above values so keep this in mind.

Those are tight ranges. Why would you expect less variation?
If you want a specific value you need to measure it yourself on material in the correct condition.
Since the intermetallics that form in these alloys may have modulus values of 50Mpsi they can shift the bulk modulus.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back