Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

zero air void curve for soils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipe Guy

Civil/Environmental
Nov 20, 2017
US
Does anyone know of a phone app for calculating the points on a zero air voids curve?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don’t know if an app is available but I would print out the proctor curve and plot those points manually or in EXCEL. Why do you need the app? For using it at the field?

I sometime train earthwork inspectors. Everything will be done by phone in future. So I was looking for something for them to check if they get percent compaction results. So the lab could send the inspector not just the percent compaction but also the dry density and moisture content so they could see if the test result is reasonable.

Apps are nice, but for this, I would just use a hard copy of the proctor curves and check where the information provided by the lab fits in that plot...

guess the specific gravity. Beyond that it's a closed solution and has nothing to do with the Proctor value!

f-d

ípapß gordo ainÆt no madre flaca!

I give the contractor's staff doing the tests a laminated graph showing the ZAV. Whether you use 2.64 or 2.66 - doesn't make much difference - but bloody make sure the field tests results lie to the left of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back