Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

“Form 4A lacks sufficient detail about your specific engineering work” 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

davshkl

Civil/Environmental
Nov 23, 2015
US
As childish it sounds – it is good to know that I am not alone in this situation :)
So, I have ~20 years of engineering experience in land development. I listed many projects I designed/managed (sides, subdivisions, roads, storm drainage, water/sewer systems, etc. – not good enough. Can anybody share/suggest the sentences/wording they (Board of NY) – accepted
Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So you are applying for your PE in NY? I had one there years ago...

Can you post the exact wording of the both question and how you responded?

Mike McCann, PE, SE (WA)

“Your application is considered incomplete. Your form 4A lacks sufficient detail about your specific engineering work to permit the Board to evaluate your experience”
Below – example of the description of one of my project
Managed, designed and oversaw the construction of Sanitary Sewer outfall over land field for Farabee Asphalt plant, providing them or 5-acres of usable land.

Describe the design in more detail, what the problem was, the materials used, the procedure used, special engineering problems solved, the applicable engineering codes used, the time involved, etc., etc., ....

Mike McCann, PE, SE (WA)

That's pretty much exactly how I've always done my experience, and have never had it questioned. I literally write:

NAME OF JOB
- SWM Design
- Storm sewer design
- Grading design

etc etc ....

Never a problem, including reciprocity in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back