1 1/2-20 thread male connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjbdts

Electrical
Sep 1, 2005
US
Hi everyone:
I have a laser sight accessory with a female 1 1/2-20 thread connection. I'm searching for a male 1/1/2-20 thread of anything (rod,pipe,adapter) such that I can mount this laser sight to a fixture. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
bjbdts

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

bjbdts,

Are you sure your thread is 1-1/2-20?

This sounds a bit like a Pentax M42 lens mount. I am not aware that 1-1/2-20 is an optical standard.

Critter.gif
JHG

Pretty big difference between M42 X 1 and 1-1/2-20 for major thread dia. That should be pretty easy to verify with a ruler if you can't grab some calipers. Can you list the manufacturer and what you are trying to connect to?

Harold
SW2010 SP3.0 OPW2010 SP1.0 Win XP Pro 2002 SP3
Dell 690, Xeon 5160 @3.00GHz, 3.25GB RAM
nVidia Quadro FX4600

I'm sure the thread is 1 1/2-20. It's orignally connected to a thermometer from omega engineernig. The thermometer has a male 1 1/2-20 connection. I want to use the laser sight accessory in another application.
bjbdts

I see a lot of confusions about the thread size. Please check the attached files for the thread information. One file is to show how the laser sight assembly and the IR sensor head (from the thermometer) is connected. The other file is a drawing of the IR sensor head. These two files are from documents of Omega engineering. I expected the experts here can help me locate a off the shelf product...

bjbdts

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e644e891-c56b-4b8a-ab53-0459a1fe7769&file=sensor_head_drawing.JPG
If you cannot obtain the manufacturers part then you only recourse is to make one. It won't be cheap but a good precision or toolmaking company will make a thread connection for you and coat it with anti galling or T(ic) coating so that it will not gall. I would expect a company to charge you £100.00 dollars depending on the amount of effort required, cheap at half the price.

You can get that made for a lot less than a hundred pounds. That's like two hundred bucks US! Make it out of mild steel and then liquid nitrate, it will be perfect. Best to model the joint so that you get the dimensions right.

Kenneth J Hueston, PEng
Principal
Sturni-Hueston Engineering Inc
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back