1/32 thick needle roller thrust washers, availible? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

triumph406

Aerospace
Oct 28, 2005
US
Hi All,

I have an application I'm designing parts for. Due to space requirements I can't use 2mm thick needle thrust washers. To make it work, the needle roller thrust washer can't be thicker than 1/32in.

Are these availible in any dias? I've looked but found nothing.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

At least once a week someone shows up here who's got everything else cast in concrete, and just needs that one last part, that doesn't exist.

I recommend starting over, with parts that you can actually get.

All that you can do now, is trap a layer of 1/32 bearing balls in grease. I don't recommend it, but it's possible.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Mike,

If I could start over and re-design the part to be able to use standard components, don't you think I would have done?

Sometimes the answer seems to be simple as going back and starting over again to use standard components. Maybe in your industry, but not mine. I get a certain amount of space to work in, and a part I have to move with high accuracy, if I could have used off the shelf roller thrust washers I would. If I used off the shelf 2mm thick roller thrust washers I'd have no space for the base of the part, the worm gear that drives the part, no room to attach the potentiometer to measure it's position, and therefore no solution that is ging to be acceptable to the customer. Hence the question. I didn't there was any harm in asking.

Thanks anyway.

Can you take the thrust with a combination radial and thrust bearing?

Take all the thrust on the opposite end.

Use a metallic or non metallic thrust washer.

Uunclesyd,

I may have to go to a solid bronze thrust washer instead of bearings with a rolling element. There isn't room for a combined radial and thrust bearing.

Russell, the thrust washers you list are solid, I'm looking for a thrust washer with a rolling element, like a Timken AXK bearing

tr...6:

I side with MikeHalloran. It is hard to tell if someone is an old hand or a pup, and sometimes the obvious can escape even the sharpest. So no harm in you asking and no harm in him suggesting the obvious. Why not post some operating parameters and see what the range of suggestions is?

triumph406

Rolling thrust bearing needs >55RC hard plates/faces that can stand the Hertzian stresses without brinelling on both sides of it. How are you planing to install it in 2 mm gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back