Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

120 Degree assemble 3D Section cut on V5 R19 P2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I`m not sure i understand what you are trying to do...

Lets say you have a disk with 3 holes equidistantly placed and want to cut 2 of them with the same section while going through the center of the disk?

Yes I was vauge on that. I'm refering to a cylinder Product with parts inside 32mm in diameter 15mm long. I've been able to create a product solid then cut the solid at a 120 degrees radially with a removed command. I've also have done it with surfaces and planes. The trouble I'm having is the result. It leaves a suface section that is not the color of the parts. Is thier anyway around this then having to purchase the DMU package?

If you wish to do this in a "solid" environment, you can use the "Split" feature in the "Assembly Design" or "Part Design" workbenches. The resulting surfaces can be manually selected and colored.

In the "Drafting" workbench, you can use "Aligned Section View" or "Aligned Section Cut" features.

Best of luck!

Thanks for your reply. I tried both and it did give me the section I was looking for, but the section surfaces are not separate from each part. It colors all parts the same for the section. Is there a work around for this?

Well... this might be because I suspect that you created (or opened an assembly with) several bodies in a single CATpart... but still, if you select manually the surfaces you want and change the color to the desired ones it should still work.

I found the solution. Once I create the All Cat Part Assy, I then assemble all dumb solids and create a separate part body for a sketch that will pocket the parts. This result gives me what I need. I want to thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back