Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

120 volt ac to 18volt dc 15amp 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfoote

Mechanical
May 23, 2003
I need to purchase or build a converter to go from 120volt ac to 18volt dc about 15amps. This is to run my Dewalt circular saw. The saw rapidly drains the batteries. I mostly use a Tennyru steel cutting blade in it. There was a previous post on this, but I can't seem to find it.
Thank you for any help or suggetions.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What you looking has two common names. "Rectifier" or "Power Supply". I also think you purchase one. The Amperage that you are talking about makes it hard to build.

Try searching for Power Supply first.
Paul Thomas

What you looking has two common names. "Rectifier" or "Power Supply". I also think you should purchase one. The Amperage that you are talking about makes it hard to build.

Try searching for Power Supply first.
Paul Thomas

The cost of the 120 Vac to 18 VDC/15 amps converter is going to be higher than buying a 115 VAC saw with the same capabilities and size.

Also, there is the need to check the starting current of your unit that may force you to buy a much higher current capability converter

Nando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back