Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

125 Vdc rated switch 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

reENGR

Electrical
Jan 13, 2011
US
I am looking for a toggle switch or 2-position control switch which has contacts rated for 125 Vdc at 0.5A or greater.

I have a project that has a bunch of substation IEDs need a way to cut and cycle power to the IED. At other substations this was done with test switches but there wont be test switches for the IEDs in this project. The IEDs draw a max of 0.2 amps.

I have searched Digikey, Mouser, Grainger, and have looked at GE, Schneider Electric, and Eaton selector switches. I have had no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Craig & Derricott and Kraus & Naimer both make switches rated for this duty. Worth a look - both a decent brands.

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

Well, it's a bit risky to work on an improvised explosive device while it's live, don'tcha think? [tongue]

image.php

Electroswitch Series 31B is the big mfr here in the US for 125VDC breaker control switches used in switchgear. Most of the products sold by the likes of GE, Sq. D, Cutler Hammer, ABB and Siemens are these switches brand labeled.

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe." -- Abraham Lincoln
For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Oh, that _is_ worth knowing! Thanks - added to my bookmarks.

image.php

Oh I should have stated Im in the United States.

I looked at Arrow Electronics and searching for that Honeywell switch is actually rated at 0.75A @ 115Vdc which is good for my application. I searched for that switch and found Allied Electronics which has more options.

Thank you for the help.

Though overkill for my application, I found some power toggle switches.

Carling Technologies
This mfg. states for there switches if there is only a "V" and not a "Vac" then the switch has the same ac/dc rating. These can be found on Mouser, Digikey, or Grainger.
DK series, 6A 125V ac/dc
EK series, 20A 125V ac/dc

Tyco Electronics also has similar rated switches under "power toggle switches".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back