1973 - Where did the model view orient command/icon go? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron_H

Mechanical
Sep 19, 2018
US
All,

There was an icon/command for the standard model views (front, top, right, etc.) See attached picture. It was available at least through 11. I can't seem to find it in 1973 build 4320. The closest I've been able to get is orient view in the right click menu or model views under the part navigator tab on the resource bar.

Help me, John Baker. You're my only hope.

model_view_e3adch.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry Aaron, but it's been seven years since I retired and I no longer have access to copies of NX.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

That's the "orient view drop down". Open the customization dialog, select the "commands" tab, select the "all dropdowns" category then search for "orient view". It should show up there. From there you can drag & drop it onto your desired NX toolbar.

www.nxjournaling.com

John, What rock have I been hiding under? Congrats on the retirement, unfortunate for us as we lost an incredible resource.

Cowski, I found Orient View Drop-Down under Categories but I cannot add that drop down as its own icon as before. It will only let me pick the individual views and place those. Which I suppose would work. You know engineers though, "Why can't it just be the way it was?"

While not a perfect substitution - you can also click on the sides of the coordinate cube thing to quicky orient the model view along an axis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back