Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 strange PATRAN errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRaven

Aerospace
Oct 14, 2015
AT
Hi alls,

I have a 2 strange PATRAN errors. I don't know it correlated or not.

1)
When try to Export bdf from a defined Job, my PATRAN Crash again and again, generating just and empty bdf with 0KB size.
Actually my PATRAN db is > 1GB therefore I may immagine is a Kind of size Problem. Note this only happens with 1 Job, all the rest works perfectly.

2)
Trying to clean the db, I tried to delete unused LCs from "Load Case" tab. For some of them I obtain the error:

"
The selected loadcase is associated with <MSC.Nastran> analysis step <XXX>. Loadcase is not deleted
"

I already deleted the PATRAN Job that was associated to this LC, so it is actually unused (or should be unused) in my .db file, but nevertheless I cannot delete it.

Any idea of what can cause ´These Errors?

Thanks in advance

Saverio

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Saverio,

Try importing the Patran db into a new Patran db. That is to say, create a new, empty Patran database and use the File, Import option to set the Source: to MSC.Patran DB and select the old database. This might get round the export issue.

For the LBC issue, there must be something else referencing the LBCs.

You may as well try deleting all Patran jobs in your database and try to delete those loadcases after you do this.
This should solve it.

But you will need to re-create your job as you will have deleted every one of them in your database. That's the catch.
Please let me know if you still get this error after doing this.

Spaceship!!
Aerospace Engineer, M.Sc. / Aircraft Stress Engineer

Hi alls,

@dmapguru: it partially solved the Export issue (now can Export most LCs)
@aerostress82: I even tried to set the Job to sol 105 to reset LC and than delete Job. I still cannot delete LC.

I reset the db
- exported the load fields to csv and reimported in new db
- transfered the Groups via .ses file
- Import geometry and properties from one of the bdf I was able to Export from previous db
- re-created Jobs

Now it works perfecty.

Thanks for the ideas

Saverio

I don't exactly remember what it was as it has been more than 5 years I had this problem. But it is related to your field application on loads. With the old database, try some around the fields part. You might wanna solve it the easy way for next time to save time.. I'll let you know if I can remember what it exactly was..

Spaceship!!
Aerospace Engineer, M.Sc. / Aircraft Stress Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back