Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

2004 Bystronic BySpeed 3015 4.4kW Power Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupdogg

Mechanical
Aug 12, 2016
US
Datasheet for 2004 Bystronic BySpeed 3015 4.4kW laser states that it uses 56kW for the overall system (resonator, chiller and dust collector) running at max. settings. This translates to approx. 70kVA with a 0.8 power factor. With that in mind, I have the following 2 questions:

1) What kind of kVA would we be looking at if we're primarily cutting .06-.09" (MS-1008 & ALU-5052-H32)?
2) What is the max. kVA could we pull from our existing 200A @ 240V 3P incoming power using a transformer? Notes: this will be the only major piece of equipment running on that panel. Current consistent load on the panel is around 40A and we can get it lowered by turning off some additional non-essential devices when using the laser.

Any help would be great! Thx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You would not need full power to cut those materials/thicknesses. Having said that, we typically run close to 4kW when cutting those same materials. Aluminum does like a lot of power. Even if you planned on running the machine at less than max power I think you'd want to consult with Bystronic...it may need max power for some of the purging/cleaning stages that the resonator requires.

Perhaps you can find a deal on a 2kW fiber laser? Power requirements would be much lower and it would do a great job cutting your materials

Thank you so much for the response guys! We are currently working with our local utility provider to upgrade incoming service to 480V-3P @ 1600A. I can tell you one thing, it NOT CHEAP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back