Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

2016 UI - They actually listened to us 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaugh

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2001
US
I know some of you love the new UI in 2016, but I am one that just cannot stand to work in that environment. At SWW 2016 they announced (as I watched over the live streaming connection instead of actually being there [sadeyes]) that in 2016 SP3 they are going to offer a color icon version of the UI... HOORAY!!!!

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Coming to a download in April. Maybe that isn't too far away. ~2-2.5 months.

Scott, since you were watching the stream, was there any reaction from the crowd or any discussion of this #1 item? (BTW,a star for you.)

Thanks,

- - Updraft

They have fixed a lot of the icons, but not all of them. I don't know if they will get around to all of them when SP3 is released, but it's a start.

Al

I have been using SW2016 since beta. While I do not like the lack of color, I have found the changes to some of the toolbar icons more annoying.

I bought a 4K TV recently I wonder if I can run Solidworks on my 50" 4K TV just to see if it does look better on 4K... however I think my wife would be upset [curse] that I am using our family room TV to work on... [lol]

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Hi. I just upgraded to SP3 and while it's true that some of the icons have been given color, there are a number of them that haven't. The thing that I find odd, is that my icons in the Open dialog box are now blue and grey when they were yellow and green in SP2. Sylvia

None of the SWX reps on the SWX Forums have said anything about this being done over several SP's. I think this is all we are likely to get. Of course, that could change depending on user reaction.

Al

As to a regression...
I receive this back from my VAR :
"It is currently a limitation of the program to change the colors of the icons in Windows explorer back to green and yellow. There is currently an SPR out for this right now. (SPR 946031 'Ability for Windows Explorer icons to be able to be reverted back to the old color scheme')"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back