240 supply voltage harmoniser for domestic property 100A 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

David108108

Electrical
Jul 25, 2024
GB

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here, and this is my first post. Thanks for taking the time to read through it.

I have a client who recently used an EMI Power Line Monitor to measure noise on their mains supply. This device can be plugged into any socket around the house to detect noise. Here’s a brief description of the monitor:

Product Description:

The Line EMI Meter measures electromagnetic interference (EMI) in a single-phase AC power line. It plugs into a wall outlet and does not require a battery. The device immediately displays total line noise in millivolts peak to peak (ranging from 1999.9 mVp-p with a resolution of 0.1 mVp-p) within the frequency range of 10 KHz to 10 MHz (where sensitivity is half of the maximum sensitivity). It also has a speaker that plays the sound of the EMI, amplitude demodulated, which helps identify the source of the interference (e.g., AM or shortwave radio stations, motors, or electric arcs).

A good reading on this meter would be around 400 mV, but my client was getting a consistent reading of 1400 mV, indicating a significant increase in noise. I asked if there had been any recent changes in the house or nearby. Here’s what he mentioned:

The neighbor on the left installed solar panels.
The neighbor on the right installed a garden WiFi booster.
There were recent works carried out on his street.
His detached house has a TT earthing arrangement. Here’s my preliminary diagnosis:

There could be DC transient voltage from the neighbor’s solar panel inverter, possibly causing DC leakage to ground.
The WiFi booster from the neighbor on the right might be causing interference.
The street works might have introduced more noise into the incoming mains supply.
The EMI monitor registered the strongest noise level when plugged into a kitchen socket, but high readings were also observed in various other parts of the house. This likely rules out a faulty circuit.

I would greatly appreciate any input or advice to assist my client in resolving this issue.

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Waross: Thanks for the in depth post. Lots of suggestions and lots to think about. Let me just answer a few points you made:

"We may install capacitors on individual circuits to get a "happy" meter reading but your client will still be subject to the external field."

If the house wiring is acting as an antenna for external fields and you fit a capacitor at the origin of the circuit will it really reduce the EMI monitor reading? It makes sense if the capacitor was fitted at the outlet that the monitor is plugged into?

"If this is an induced voltage and you are successful in suppressing it at the main panel, the circuit conductors will still act as an antenna and you may still see a high reading at the receptacle. (And your client will still be subject to the electromagnetic field."

Ok you answered the question.

"If you are able to find a battery powered meter, connect 10 or 20 feet of wire to the device and trail it around the home."

I will look for one or I could get a 240v powerpack which it can plug into.

"While your client is troubled by a meter indication of 1.4 Volts Peak to peak, does he realize that he is immersed in a very strong electromagnetic field driven by over 600,000 Milli-Volts peak to peak?"

He is not mathematically inclined, so he might not fully understand the technical details.
In an ideal AC supply, the voltage follows a clean sinusoidal waveform, which means it smoothly oscillates above and below zero voltage.
Real-world AC waveforms often contain noise and distortions due to various factors such as electrical appliances, power supply issues, or other electronic devices. These distortions can introduce harmonics, which are additional frequencies superimposed on the primary 50Hz signal, making the waveform appear "messy."

Some people, particularly those sensitive to electromagnetic fields, might perceive these distortions more acutely, potentially affecting their comfort or health. The "messy" waveform might cause more interference or irregularities in the electrical environment.

"What can we do with the meter?
Take about 10 feet of single conductor and connect it CAREFULLY to the hot terminal of the meter.
See if this changes the reading.
Move the wire in a direction at right angles.
Get a step ladder and hang the wire as near vertical as possible.
Why are we doing this?
To determine if the circuit conductor is the source of the EMI or a receptor of the EMI."
If the circuit conductor is the source, the orientation of the test wire may have little effect on the meter reading.
If the circuit conductor is a receptor, the orientation of the test wire in the EMI field may affect the meter reading.
Do the test and hope for the best but know that the results may be inconclusive.
Do a test on the receptacle closest to the panel.
Then plug in an extension cord and with the cord as straight as possible, test with the meter at the end of the cord.
Route the cord in various directions and also vertically from the stepladder.
Markedly different readings on the meter are a strong indication that the EMI field is external.

Excellent advice thank you.

"The worst offenders in the house are the halogen 12v downlights.
I hope that the client has been able to rule these out as the source of the current issues."

Absolutely he keeps as much off as possible.

"It may still be power line conducted or a radiated field.
Power line conducted:
Try some capacitors to ground.
Capacitors may reduce or eliminate conducted EMI."

Thank you. Any tips on which specific capacitors or filters to use please?

"If the EMI is a radiated field, consider a Faraday shield.
call in a contractor for a quotation to cover the house with stucco.
Stucco is typically supported by either wire similar to chicken wire or by expanded metal.
Either one may be grounded thereby transforming the house into a Faraday shield."

Thank you. His bedroom is already a grounded faraday cage. No phone or wifi signal. Making the whole house a faraday cage is on a whole different level and I was not aware of the expanded metal component of Stucco. Here in the UK we call it Render and I have never seen chicken wire or expanded metal used.

Thank you for all the detailed info and your time.

LittleInch:
quote: "When you think about it its very unclear whether fixing the frequency issues on the house wiring is actually going to do any good.

Has he tried just isolating the house for a couple of days and see what happens (move the freezer next door). Not that I think its that, but might stop all this running around looking for a reason for the EMI.
quote: "

When I was there to carry out a general survey of his domestic electrical installation we turned the electrics off for a couple of hours and he said he felt much better when everything was off. That included freezers etc.

Thanks for your help

Stucco or render is often applied to wood frame buildings in Canada.
Wire lath or wire mesh is used to support the stucco/render.
any years ago, wood lath was strips of wood about 1/4" to 3/8" thick and about 1 1/2" wide.
These were nailed to interior studs spaced about 1/2" apart.
When the plaster was applied, the plaster would be squeezed between the laths and "key in" the plaster, holding it in place.
Wooden lath was replaced years ago with metal lath "expanded metal).
The same or similar is used to apply render to wood frame buildings.
Screenshot_2024-07-27_at_10-45-29_Lath_Services_-_Faster_Plaster_vpkykn.png

Screenshot_2024-07-27_at_10-56-08_Discover_the_Benefits_of_Stucco_Lath_Installation_rhsl1w.png

Screenshot_2024-07-27_at_10-49-27_Structa_Wire_indyuc.png

Link Benefits of Stucco Lath

Original wooden lath, and the origin of the term lath as applied to modern material.
Screenshot_2024-07-27_at_11-00-58_Lath_and_plaster_-_Wikipedia_bob7cm.png

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

A comment on EMI sensitivity and why I don't completely discount it.
Example, induced voltages.
The basic principle of an induced voltage in a conducting fluid moving in a magnetic field is well known.
In industry a common device is a Magnetic Flow Meter.
A nonmagnetic section of piping is surrounded by a stable and known magnetic field.
Electrodes are positioned opposite each other in the wall of the piping section.
The voltage induced between the electrodes is directly proportional to the velocity of the fluid.

I often see magnetic bracelets displayed for sale at pharmacies.
While it may be difficult to measure the effect it may be calculated.
The strength of the magnetic field may be measured or calculated.
The potential generated by a conductor moving in this field may be calculated.
I have no doubt that a magnetic bracelet will induce electrical potentials and resulting eddy currents in the moving blood in a blood vessel.

If someone claims subtle influence on their health from this effect, I don't have the evidence to dispute their claim.
The effect (induced potential and eddy currents) is real.
More than that I cannot say, almost.
A quote by a respected holy man comes to mind.
To paraphrase;
"Religion and science must agree.
Science does not know everything yet."
I intentionally have not attributed this to avoid starting a religious argument.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

Heaviside1925:

First off big thanks for posting the image of how to setup the EMI monitor.

Quote:
There could be DC transient voltage from the neighbor’s solar panel inverter, possibly causing DC leakage to ground.
NO, HOW?

DC leakage travelling through the ground to the client's earth rod similar to a Neutral Current Diversion (NCD) from a lost protective earthed Neutral (PEN) conductor on a TN-C electrical supply. Current is then diverted and should find its way back to the supply transformer.

Quote:
The WiFi booster from the neighbor on the right might be causing interference.
NO, What frequency range do these operate?

Good point the WIFI signal will be in the GHz range so probably wouldn't register on the Line Monitor?

"To truly see what is going on as FacEngrPE noted, you would need a spectrum analyzer. Why? because any signal interacting with another signal is going to create a signal that will be parts of each. The only way you can decouple these individual signals is to run it through an FFT, which is what a spectrum analyzer does."

How much would such an analyzer cost?

" My guess..... based on the amplitude and the fact that it reduces at night, is that you are picking up a broadcast signal from TV or radio. I would see if a new AM talk radio station went on the air in the last year. Aside from that, HAM radio or even powerline communication protocols could be a source."

Very useful thank you.

"Another option is a wide band transistor radio with a strength meter. You can scroll through the frequencies and see what you pick up but these gadgets you are enlisting are just a waste of your client's money and fueling an ailment"

Which gadgets? The monitor and Trifield EMF meter are his gadgets not mine.

Thank you !

Waross:
"Stucco or render is often applied to wood frame buildings in Canada.
Wire lath or wire mesh is used to support the stucco/render.
any years ago, wood lath was strips of wood about 1/4" to 3/8" thick and about 1 1/2" wide."

Very interesting thanks for sharing. Here in the UK we tend to use rolls of Nylon mesh for plastering. Also the cost to do an entire detached 4 bedroom house in the UK which is already rendered would be prohibitive, but an excellent idea for the client's garden studio which is a wooden structure.
Thank you.

I am developing a concern for your client.
I accept that he has suffered serious malaise for a number of years.
The root cause may be psychological, in which case he needs a psychologist,not a technician.
However the cause may be reactive; A reaction to a real cause.
I have made a lot of money over the years trouble shooting.
I charged a lot and so I was seldom the first called.
Typically, I would find a simple problem compounded by two previous attempts to correct a symptom or solve a mis-diagnosis.
I would often have to undo the work of two or three previous attempts before I could rectify an often simple problem.
What is the point of this?
Misdiagnosis!
A solution to the wrong problem is no solution.
What did I find to be the common trait of all cases of misdiagnosis?
The issue was not resolved.
The issue is not EMI.
The real issue is Chronic Malaise.
Given that your client has been living in a Faraday Cage for years and is still suffering, I strongly suggest that it is time for a re-diagnosis.
It may be productive for your client to seek medical aid and advice for "Chronic Malaise" rather than "EMI induced Chronic Malaise".
Your client may be suffering from an un-diagnosed deficiency of some vitamin or trace element.
Your client may have some real medical condition causing his malaise.
There may be a suppressed, real, psychological issue that needs to be resolved.
And this may or may not bring us back to the need for a psychologist.
Good luck.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

OP,
The picture I posted was not to indicate anything other than, this is not a high-tech instrument for detecting some insidious intruder but rather it's about $5 worth of parts and is for all intent a transistor radio with a strength meter. If it was battery powered, it would need an antenna but since your power source is coming through an unshielded, ungrounded cord that ~ 3-5' long, its acting as its antenna.

My comment about the gadgets, is you, as a professional/expert giving credence to these "readings" without knowing if they indicate an issue, i.e. confirming your clients fears. The huge pitfall with the EMI Power Line Monitor being used, is that it will pick up both sources in the free air as well as on the line voltage. It does nothing more than further complicate any troubleshooting since it doesn't localize anything and confirms that RF is everywhere, which you don't need a meter to determine.

Moral of the story: Your client is getting ripped off buying these devices. If buying these devices somehow mitigated your clients fears, well they may be worth it in a psychological sense, but they seem to be having the opposite effect which does not help your client.

My comment about your suspected causes, is based on likelihood. Are any of them theoretically possible? Yes, but just as likely would be your clients house sits on top of a giant iron ore deposit. Correlation and causation do not a case make.

Do electrical engineers have concerns about power quality aka dirt power? Yes, but only in the sense that it can damage electrical equipment or cause inference with other signals within the confines of an electrical circuit.

I will not make any claim as to the level of sensitivity your client has nor to the causes of their ailment. What I will say, is that for your client to detect anything, the RF would HAVE to be traveling through free air. IF the RF is confined to the electrical system, there is no way for it to "get out" and affect your client. Maybe your client senses the 50/60hz? I don't know, but trying to put any validity that they can detect a signal, orders of magnitude smaller riding on the 50/60hz signal does not compute, because there is no way for a signal that small to radiate, i.e. transmit, propagate, out. If they are affected by the 50/60hz signal, then they need to either decide to cover themselves in a faraday cage or shield all of their wiring, device and appliances or not to have electricity in their home.

As far as spectrum analyzer, you posted a link earlier of one I think would work but without solid understanding of signal and antenna theory, I don't see you being able to determine any meaningful results other than more flashy-blinkies, beeps, graphs and lines that will only add to your client's fears. I bring up a wide band transistor radio with a strength meter because its cheap and you can sit in the clients living room, scroll through the dial and point to power levels and certain frequencies and maybe ascertain the source. The suggestion of a seasoned HAM operator would be another option, especially one familiar with local sources of RF and interference.

Since the question was asked, the EMI interference problem I was troubleshooting originated in a welding arc stabilizer (a miniature Tesla coil) which generates a high infrequence signal into a welding lead helping to stabilize the arc. The RF signal was radiating off of the work piece, creating a reception problem with some WiFi band equipment.

One solution turned out to be adding a troidal choke to the welding work lead. The choke was made from a plywood doughnut, wound with several turns of welding cable. Imagine the picture below with a core of plywood, ID 6", OD 10" and about 10 turns of no 0 welding cable.
image-2718110106_csw2zz.jpg

One possible test for your client could be to travel to a low RF noise environment like Greenbank West VA, where a intentional decision was made to minimize RF sources to aid the operation of the Greenbank radio telescope observatory.

See also United States National Radio Quiet Zone

FacEngrPE:

I am not familiar with a toroidal choke how is that wired up? Or does it just sit on the outer sheath like a graphite choke?

I am sure my client would love to move and leave in Greenbank West VA as he feels much better when he is in his bedroom faraday cage.

He has suffered from EHS for the past 20 years and has had hair analysis done to check his levels of heavy metals and it came back as having very high levels of copper in his system. This may partly explain the issues.

Thank you.

HeavIside1925:Thank you for your in-depth response. It is very useful and much appreciated.

I agree that there can be many reasons for the client's EHS, including psychological causes, brain chemistry imbalance, and lack of trace minerals and vitamins etc. My client had his hair analyzed to check for heavy metals, and the results showed very high levels of copper in his system. After his wife passed during COVID, he had to move from his well-shielded house to his parents' house in 2020, which is not shielded. This change has prompted him to seek help to improve his situation.

I have not been asked to conduct an EMF survey but to check the house's electrical installation for obvious signs of EMF/EMI and general safety. During my inspection, I found several safety issues that the client would like to have fixed. Addressing these remedial works will be my first priority. As I am genuinely interested in EHS and mitigating EMF in dwellings,(and would like to do more of this type of work) I see this as a personal challenge to get to the bottom of the relatively high EMI monitor reading.

From the great help and advice I have received above I would like to proceed as follows:

Given that the frequency range we are discussing is between 10 kHz and 10 MHz, I plan to use a wide-band radio or an EMF detector that covers these ranges to help pinpoint the issue.

Steps to Identify and Mitigate EMI:

Isolate the EMI Monitor:

Put the EMI monitor on its own isolated mains circuit and recheck the reading.

Plug the EMI monitor into a 240V power pack and check the reading again.

(I have already asked the client to plug the EMI monitor into an extension cable and walk around with it and also to hold the extension lead vertically and horizontally etc. Waross idea thank you)
These steps will help determine if the issue derive from the electrical installation or from the environment.

Frequency Detection:

Equipment:
Radio: Use a wide-band radio receiver (with signal strength indicator that covers the 10 kHz to 10 MHz range.
EMF Detector: Use an EMF detector that operates within the 10 kHz to 10 MHz frequency range.

Locate the Source:
Once the frequency is identified, move the detector around to pinpoint the direction of the frequency.

Identify the Cause:
Determine what is causing the elevated frequency.(ham radio etc)

Evaluate the Impact:
Discuss whether this EMF frequency could be a causal factor in the client's recent increase in malaise.

Mitigation:
If the EMF frequency through the air is identified as a potential cause, discuss ways to mitigate it.

By following these steps, we can systematically identify and address the source of the elevated EMI readings and work towards improving the client's living environment with the understanding that it may not improve his symptoms.

Does the above sound feasible or am I missing out some steps?

Thank you for your help.

One disease concerning high copper levels is Wilson Disease. Among other effects:

Toxic levels of copper build up in your body, especially in the liver and brain, and put you at risk of organ damage. Increased copper levels will affect how you feel, often making you very tired or weak and uncomfortable or in pain.

Liver symptoms
People with Wilson disease often develop symptoms of hepatitis (inflammation of the liver) and can have an abrupt decrease in liver function (acute liver failure). These symptoms may include:

Fatigue.
Nausea and vomiting.
Poor appetite.
Pain over the liver, in the upper part of your abdomen.
Dark urine color.
Light color of stool.
Yellow tint to the whites of your eyes and skin (jaundice).
Some people with Wilson disease have symptoms only if they develop chronic liver disease and complications from cirrhosis. These symptoms may include:

Fatigue and weakness.
Unexpected weight loss.
Bloating from a buildup of fluid in the abdomen (ascites).
Swelling of the lower legs, ankles or feet (edema).
Itchy skin.
Severe jaundice.

Central nervous system symptoms
People with Wilson disease may develop central nervous system symptoms that affect their mental health as copper builds up in their body. These symptoms are more common in adults but do also occur in children.

Nervous system symptoms may include:

Problems with speech, swallowing or physical coordination.
Stiff muscles.
Tremors or uncontrolled movements.

Symptoms of Wilson disease that affect a person’s mental health include:

Anxiety.
Changes in mood, personality or behavior.
Depression.
Disruptions to thoughts and feelings that make it difficult to tell what’s real and what isn’t (psychosis).

Eye symptoms
Many people with Wilson disease have green, gold or brown rings around the edge of the corneas in their eyes (Kayser-Fleischer rings). A buildup of copper in the eyes causes the Kayser-Fleischer rings. Your healthcare provider can see these rings during a special eye exam called a slit-lamp exam.

Most people diagnosed with Wilson disease who have symptoms that affect their nervous system also have Kayser-Fleischer rings. About half of the people diagnosed with Wilson disease who only have symptoms that affect their liver also have Kayser-Fleischer rings.

Other symptoms of Wilson disease
Wilson disease can affect other parts of your body and cause symptoms including:

Hemolytic anemia.
Bone and joint problems (arthritis or osteoporosis).
Heart problems (cardiomyopathy).
Kidney problems (renal tubular acidosis or kidney stones).

--- About the move ---

One source of copper is the water supply and it is possible his parents house has higher levels of copper from well water or dissolved from the plumbing. Another source is from using uncoated copper cookware.

These effects are real and worth investigation and in large part match the client's complaints/observations.

Concentrating on EHS may be delaying critical diagnosis and effective treatment.

I have reservations concerning your test meter.
10 MHz has a wavelength of 30 meters.
I would be more concerned with micro-wave interference.
Short wavelengths may be much more able to induce potentials and currents in the human body.
A radar detector may be of use.
Take a look;
Does your client live near an airport? Radar?
Are there any nearby satellite up-links?
Is your client near a micro-wave data transmission path?

Shielding.
[Anecdote Alert}
A large air core reactor was installed near a concrete wall in an industrial electrical room.
There was a concern that electromagnetic induction may cause circulating currents in the re-bar and that the resulting heat may damage the concrete wall.
The solution;
A large sheet of aluminum plate was installed near the wall.
The theory was that the field would cause circulating current in the aluminum plate.
As most secondary effects oppose the primary causal effect, the field from the circulating currents would tend to cancel the passage of the field from the reactors.[/AA]
The point is that if a source is identified, a shield rather than a cage may suffice.
The thickness of the shield may be important, but I can't say.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

3DDave:

Very valuable information, especially the causes of copper toxicity. As I dont want to insult the client's intelligence as although not technically trained a very smart chap he is. Its not your average person who can create an effective faraday cage in a large room without any training.

He is aware of many things but like many of these people who suffer from EHS whether physical or psychological they lack a lot of energy and many are suicidal.

I don't want to overwhelm him and I am not there to act as a medical advisor as I don't have a medical training. Many medical doctors don't acknowledge EHS as a real illness but some do and my friend is fortunate to have a doctor who not only is convinced that he has EHS but is also willing to meet him in the park in a very low EMF area for consultations. One of a kind. As for my client I don't really know where he is at with his own doctor. He does come across as being at his wits end.

Thank you

Waross,

As yet I have not purchased any gear to measure the 10kHz to 10MHz but I do have EMf detctors that can measure in the 200 MHz to 8Ghz range.

And the client's Trifield Meter: RF Mode covers 20 MHz – 6 GHz with a range of 0.001 – 19.999 milliwatts per square meter (mW/m2)

Question: Can the EMI Line monitor which can measure between 10Khz and 10MHz be sufficiently influenced by radio frequencies in the Ghz range picked up by the house wiring to change from a 400 mv baseline to 1400 mv?

I understand that the client is most likely to be affected by Radio frequencies and as yet we have not identified any of the above items you mentioned. No he is not near an airport.

However if I can get to the bottom of why his EMI Line monitor is displaying a higher reading than what it used to then I believe this may have a positive effect even if it is of a psychological nature. We have a number of items on the to do list and this one is fairly high up on his priority list.

Re the shield. Interesting anecdote and I would probably need a diagram to fully understand it however I do appreciate the concept of a shield instead of a full faraday cage. Once the direction of the Radio frequency has been identified by triangulation then we can conceive of covering just that one exterior wall with a stainless steel mesh screen with the correct number of holes per inch to reflect or attenuate the offending EMF frequency.

Please advise if I am off target with these ideas.

Thank you.

I was never a ham, but I used to hang out with a few.
They were always very concerned with matching antenna length with wave length.
A signal with a 30 meter wavelength may induce little potential in an antenna of only a few inches.
A much weaker signal in the microwave range may induce a much higher potential in a short antenna, such as a body part.
I am not sure about this, and am more asking than telling.
I am hoping for comments from someone more conversant with antenna characteristics.
However, I tend to discount the importance of signals in the 30 meter band, just as the very strong grid frequency fields seem to have been discounted.
In regards to a EM field, just being may be unimportant.
It is only when that field produces a secondary effect that it becomes a concern.
1/4 wavelength antennas are quite effective, below 1/4 wavelength the efficiency drops off.
To induce potentials and the resulting currents in a human body I would be most concerned with wavelengths in the range of 4 times a body area that is acting as an antenna or receptor.
Disclaimer:
This is in regards to radio waves.
A strong magnetic field will induce potentials and currents in nearby, short conductors, but the relative strengths of field needed for direct induction are many orders of magnitude greater than the field strengths needed for radio induction in a suitable antenna.
Consider:
Your client is concerned with high frequency noise at around 1.4 Volts but not that much concerned with the all pervading grid frequency noise emanating from a peak to peak source of around 500 Volts peak to peak.

Toroidal cores are wound on iron or magnetic doughnuts.
For high frequency work, an air core toroid is much more effective.
For an air core toroid, the core material is relatively unimportant as long as it is not magnetic or conductive.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

Yes, David108108, you are not a doctor, but you sound very much like an enabler. They have already apparently confirmed to you a concern over copper.

Michael Jackson died because of an enabler. Steve Jobs, a very intelligent person, suffered needlessly by being enabled by quack medicine providers.

You appear to be involved in a possibly dire medical situation but don't have training and should decline.

Michael Jackson's doctor opined he should not be held responsible because Jackson would have found someone else, but he missed that whoever that was would be on trial. Just because he has found a doctor may not mean that the illness is caused by EMI; perhaps the doctor is working towards the necessary blood work to diagnose the actual illness.

While it's unlikely to result in a trial for looking at sources of EMI, you are only delaying what might be an effective treatment by enabling them and providing positive reinforcement for inaccurate beliefs.

Watch the movie "Brain on Fire", based on the true story of Susannah Cahalan, for what happens when there is an incorrect diagnosis of a rare and severe problem. Currently on Netflix and well worth the watch.

Best of luck to the client. I hope they get the treatment they need.

Waross:

Thank you.

"Consider this: Your client is worried about high-frequency noise at about 1.4 volts but not so much about the constant noise from the power grid, which can be around 500 volts peak to peak."

He is very much concerned by this and that is probably why he only functions well inside his faraday cage. And turns most things off whenever he can. He also wants to install some kind of a filter/harmoniser at the origin of the installation.

We are considering all angles.

"To induce potentials and the resulting currents in a human body I would be most concerned with wavelengths in the range of 4 times a body area that is acting as an antenna or receptor."

In your opinion how can a body part act as an antenna unless there is hardware such as titanium screws, dental implant, a pacemaker etc.?

Does Haemoglobin act as an antenna due to the iron content? If so the Liver might be a target?

Thanks for the info on Toroidal chokes. Will have to do some background research on those.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back