Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

28 ft retaining wall 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBengineer

Geotechnical
Aug 22, 2022
US
Im attempting to design a segmented retaining wall approximately 28 ft tall. my initial design included geogrid, but the problem that I had encountered is that i only have 15 ft of clearance to install geogrid and that isn't enough support. if anyone has any precast systems in the northeast (USA) that are large enough to potentially be sound for a gravity wall, of if you have any other ideas for a solution please let me know

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I was under the impression that soil nails for walls need to extend beyond the failure wedge. If you only have 14-16 feet between your edge of excavation and some property line/other building, I doubt you'd be able to extend the nails beyond the failure wedge. Same argument you were making for geogrid.

LB- Recon is another system that is popular around here. It’s similar to Redirock just a slightly different block to block connection. Recon’s website says Connecticut Precast makes them.

In this situation I would go with contiguous bored pile walls. Might not be as costly as you think. 15' back space is only less than 5m which is no space at all to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back