2d "sketcher" for mechanism analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnis

Automotive
May 15, 2003
DE
Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a software which has a 2d parametric sketcher where I can define a layout of a mechanism, put myself the forces (actions, reactions, friction) and do analysis with them. I must be able to represent the forces as lines with arrows, torques as arcs with arrows, etc. and eventually to obtain graphics of variation for different parameters (angles, forces, etc). I used to do this in Mechanical Advantage (ex-Cognition) but I'm not necesary interested in tolerance analysis, but only in analysis of mechanisms function (4-bars, cam, etc). It must not have any 3d capability or similar. I read about Analytix, Sam, Alibre, but no one has the option of representing forces/torques and the sketcher (at least in case of Analytix) is a pain in the ... you know. Any advice is welcomed.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure if Smart Sketch is still around, but it was parametric and, at one point in time, had an interface to Mathcad.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

@ IRstuff: Smartsketch is indeed parametric and it has interface with Mathcad, but I cannot represent vectors or force in it...
@ PatBethea: WorkingModel has somehow force vector representation (but not so easy to customize and analyse in a professional way) but no parametric...
Thank you for replies.

Donnis,
it is long time ago, but I did with SmartSketche exactly what you need. You can constrain lines representing the vectors such way that they adjust when you change the other parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back