Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

3 phase internal wiring diagrams/connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACY

Electrical
Aug 5, 2003
AU
I am looking to update and/or add to my internal connection diagrams of 3 phase motors. (ie. post rewind.) So far i have quite a few 2 speed, single speed, parrellel, series internal conn'tn diagrams, but i am keen to add. Are there many or any websites that display such information, or failing that, could there be some reccommended reading material? Not that it is relevent, though, i am from Melbourne, Australia. As a new member i have thouroughly enjoyed reading the different posts, and recc'd solutions. I appreciate your help, and in the event help could not be provided, am thankful for your time to read.
Adrian

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Adrian,

Elsewhere on this site is a reference to a little book published by Brook Hansen which contains some useful connection diagrams. Costs £10 in UK, probably available through your local agent.

I've also found that trawling secondhand book shops is a mine of information about the wierd and wonderful and now obsolete motor designs of yesteryear. Much of it is of limited practical use (unless you are an archaeologist) but the explanations of how these old designs work yield some interesting insights.

Scotty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back