Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 way sampling valve, actuated 1/4" tube size

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowteknik

Chemical
Jul 14, 2008
DK
I´m looking for a 3 way sampling valve, spring return actuated, it should be installed on 8mm O.D. stainless seamless tubing, no crossflow is accepted when switching. It will be used with oil at a max pressure of 30 bar, we are hoping for a cycle life of 500000, I would like to know if someone have suggestions to a solution..also it should be as compact as possible?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Manual, electric or air operated with spring return ? Necessary Cv or necessary nominal opening? Oil temperature and viscosity? Clean fluid?

I have used direct acting (or poppet) solenoid stainless steel valves for this, but all fluid and operating characteristics must fit.

Thank you all for your suggestions, I have asked BSS for a solution, but nothing for 30 bar (435 psi).

It must be air operated, we tried with 40 serie ball valve from Swagelok, but only worked until 65000 cycles, then it started to leak.

The minimum bore should be 6mm (1/4").

The media is clean fuel oil.

Swagelok 40 series is NOT good for high-cycle actuation, and Swagelok will tell you as much. Try their 60 series- it has live loaded seats and packing to compensate for wear. Not high cycle either, but better than the 40 series by a long shot. And their actuators are not high cycle either- get a valve automation shop to put a high cycle actuator on the valve you ultimately choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back