Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My best tip when entering the "world" of 3-D is being confident in your mind of what you are looking at on the screen.

Many 3D objects shown on a 2D screen can be optical illusions. Your mind will bend and convince you that you are looking at something in one orientation when in fact it's in another orientation.

For example, when I taught AutoCAD, the first thing I made sure was to get my students to understand the way AutoCAD manipulates its 3D objects and displays them on a 2D screen. You need to have a solid knowledge of how AutoCAD (or any 3D program) manipulates an object and what information that ACAD gives you to substanciate that object in your mind. I showed my students different 3D objects and allowed them to manipulate them. (view from different angles) 3D is very much a mind game. Many who have trained for years in conventional drafting will really have to work at it. When that person has a good grasp of all the visualization tools, (view, zooms, prospective, Coordinate systems) then proceed with the drawing tools (solids, surfaces, etc.)

well this posts were sent more than 2 years ago so i found most of links up are down now
so i need 3d tutorilas just for starting the way and understanding 3d core in good way
does anyone know good links?

Real ones find it themself, but you have to remember the next commands:
- Region: you have to create a region first when you want to create a solid, it has to be a completely closed (no open lines, no line-verlap and so on)
- Extrude: giving hight to your region with a tapper angle (default zero)
- Revolve: making a cylindrical solid from your region around a selected axis (outside the regon and doesn't intersect the region) with a certain angle (360° default)

Good luck

Check this site for example, totaly created like that:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back