Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D Instant Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

adstewart12144

Materials
Feb 5, 2003
US
I have been trying to upload designs to the solidworks server when at work, but I keep getting errors. I have no problems sending file to me local/network drive. Also, I don't have any problems uploading files from home to the solidworks server. The problem probably has something to do with my company firewall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

You can be sure that you have problems because of the firewall. Try to discuss with your network administrator to close the firewall for few minutes to do the upload of those files (or maybe he can change the settings). Regards
Fernando

swapnilengineer,

Do you need a new template, or can you start with one of the pre-made templates within SW?

I haven't used 3D Instant Web Site before, but if the template is HTML (or related), the "code" should be simple to customize. Do you know if there are limitations on the type of template you can use?

Jeff Mowry
DesignHaus Industrial Design

Hi Theophilus ,

I would like to create my own new templete for creating 3D Instant Web Pages. I would like to place the things as I want it to be.
The basic templetes which are given by solidworks are very crude & every time you have I need to key in all inforamtion.

Thanks in advance.

Swapnil [bigears]

I'll need to check into this. It's my understanding that SW uses their servers for the Instant Web Site stuff.

I found the following as a text file in the SW > lang > English > Instant Website Templates folder. I'd need to look into this more to understand how to modify templates specifically.

Customizing the Templates or Style Sheets

You can edit the XML templates or XSL style sheets provided with SolidWorks 3D Instant Website. For more information on how to edit the documents:

- View the "Customizing an XML Template" or "Customizing an XSL Style Sheet" topic in the help file named 3DInstantWeb.chm.

- Read the comments embedded in the default templates and style sheets. Comments are enclosed with <!-- and --> tags.

Jeff Mowry
DesignHaus Industrial Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back