Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D mouse causing NX to crash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

will-eng

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2016
US
This has been a common thing where all i am doing is rotating my model using my 3D mouse and the screen stops, then it gives me the "NX has stopped working" message and makes me force close.

Ive tried restarting, tried updating drivers.

Ive lost countless hours of work cause this happens often and randomly.

Any one have any idea of what i can do to make this stop. Settings? Maybe i should try to uninstall the mouse then reinstall it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've had drivers cause issues, and reverting, or upgrading the driver usually helped. Have you talked to 3Dconnexion?

-Dave

NX 9, Teamcenter 10

don't just assume it's the 3d connexions driver that's the issue.

For example, there's a thread on the 3D connexion forum about this exact thing that came down to being the graphics card driver instead:

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12888&p=44284&hilit=siemens+nx#p44284[/url]

Best thing to do is find an NX log file by typing %temp% in the Windows Explorer address bar and press enter. This will take you to your temp folder.
The NX log files start with your username and the extension is .syslog.
Try to find one dated around your last crash.

If you have an Nvidia Quadro card, below is an example of what you'll see if its driver is the cause, with the nvoglv64 repeated over and over.
This is an example I had record of, don't have one for other cards, but it would be similar.

Code:
*** EXCEPTION: O/S ERROR: signal  11 in line 2195 of D:\workdir\reference\NX903_4\src\syss\error\ind\error.cxx at Wed Feb 03 12:00:15 2016 Pacific Standard Time
+++ General Fault Exception
[ 1] 000077C52590                                                              (ntdll)
[ 2] 000077A01A5A                                                              (kernel32)
[ 3] 000014C208BF                                                              (nvoglv64)
[ 4] 000014E9ADE6                                                              (nvoglv64)
[ 5] 000014EC0D96                                                              (nvoglv64)
[ 6] 000014EC07FE                                                              (nvoglv64)

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX11 with almost every MR (24versions)

I do Know there is and order of operation when loading the Tower from scratch with The 3D mouse being the Last to install. The order of install all the software is important.

I had the Cursor Freezing on the Screen doing Dimensioning. Did The above solve my issue No. My work around was Snapping the View after an update and then Dimension without the assembly Loaded.

What version of NX do you have? THere has been a Change in the Driver as of NX7.5.
Different locations for the new drivers from 3DConnexion need to be defined in the variables.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

PhoeNX - i do have a nvidia quadro graphics card, i checked the syslog file and didnt see any instances of the nvoglv64 repeating but went ahead and updated the drivers for the card anyways. Hopefully i wont have any more problems.

designnewz - the mouse was installed last. If i keep having problems i will probably unistall and reinstall the mouse.

NutAce - We are running NX 10 and it was just recently updated, but this problem has been occurring before hand, i just have been fed up with it lately.

Thanks for the help everyone. If anyone else has a potential solution please post it. For now i just have to keep using it and hopefully the drivers fixed it but wont know until its been so long since it happens.

The graphics driver issue thread was me. It took getting 3Dconnexion, and GTAC involved, before GTAC got to the bottom of the issue, being the graphics driver.

-Dave

NX 9, Teamcenter 10

I see you mention that you have a mouse driver installed.
Try remove that driver completely.
I have seen several cases where extra deluxe mice drivers crashed or made NX behave strange, but the session worked perfectly using the Windows default mouse driver. ( Any extra buttons will not work.)

Regards,
Tomas

It is very important to use certified graphics drivers! Once I updated my system but NX did not like a newer Quadro driver so I had to revert; my problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back