Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D Projet 3500 CPX HD Printer Platform Quality ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatemsaid

Industrial
May 14, 2014
EG
Hi All,

As sort it, I have a 3D 3500 CPX HD Printer from 3D Systems, recently I face some problems in the parts quality, after the build is done and removing out the platform I notice that there are some dust effect on the platform (before removing the parts), around the parts and mostly in the X direction and very rare in the Y direction and some times on the surface of the built parts.

I try several times to solve this problem by increase or decrease the temp but the result was the same even when I change the quality method on the software (UHD - or XHD) which to be the highest quality to build parts, and it's effecting the cleaning process for the parts as well as effecting the casting into silver or gold materials, since I'm working in the jewellery field.

For your information, I'm using Visijet S-400 as a support materials and Visijet Hi-Cast and parts materials, however I requested our area re-seller to solve the but alot of trials without any positive solution !!!!

So, anybody experience this type of effect on the parts, I will be thankful to share his knowledge and solutions with me.

Thank you all, and have a good day.

BR,

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e3db260b-a489-4850-9652-8ed4e532b555&file=20140630_104923_resized.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thin walls make me think the stepper is moving too far (i.e., a stepper count is not being counted).

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

The machine supplier should be able to provide some sort of diagnostic program, or maybe a special sample part that highlights certain kinds of flaws.

To me, that stripe looks like a missing bit in an encoder, probably a high-order bit. Could be dirt, or a broken wire, or a dozen other things.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

I'd check your offsets first. Is planerizer level +/- 0.0005" left to right. Printhead to planerizer offset to 0.045 +/- 0.001" and a Build start position of 0.040". The "overspray" issue is typically due to the machine being out of spec. It could also be a vacuum issue. Make sure vacuum is stable at 1.6 in H2O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back