Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D-sketches offset.....sigh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindnumb

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2002
NO
Only had this proble earlier when exporting piping assembly drawings to autocad. the centerlines of my piping assemblys would show up ( even if they where supposed not to) offset from the rest of the assembly, giving me a lot of extra work deleting them in autocad.

Now I am using these piping assemblys, hiding all the piping parts in the piping assembly to just display the routing. It works like a charm when the piping assembly itself is the top assembly in the drawing, but when used as a sub assembly, it is displayed allright, but when I try to pick the inividual lines, they are offset. its impossible to "get hold" of them.... very frustrating....

Anyone have experiences with this kind of phenomenon ?

All unput is greatly appreciated !!

Yours truly, Bernt Ødegård, Oslo, Norway.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sometimes when your Performance settings are too low, and your round parts start looking faceted, it appears that lines look offset from the model, when in fact that aren't. Maybe increasing the resolution in your Performance settings may help. Ray Reynolds
Senior Designer
Read: faq731-376
"Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

I do not think this is the case, i allways run with the finest resoloution ... And the lines are so far offset that I think what You are suggesting can not be the case. Besides, The problem is not there when the piping assembly is the top assembly.

The offset is like equivalent to 7-10 meters, a couple of inches on the drawing.

Oh !! might be important... this generally happens when using Named wiew, not parallell with any of the main axes in the top assembly

Hi MadMango,

I am a SolidWorks User, I am not really convienced with the piping options of solidworks. Can you or anybody else give me a suggession or any information about its options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back