Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D Spline to simulate a nonlinear damper. How to change z values ? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

xocalhinho

Automotive
Jun 11, 2009
GB
Hi everyone,

I’m developing a 7DoF full car model on ADAMS view. I know about ADAMS car but doing this on view was an option made early for my dissertation.

Everything so far is parameterized in order to be able to run a DoE to do a dynamic optimization.

I’m using a 2D spline to define the damper curve data. To be able to optimize the suspension I defined a 3D spline with the different damper curves (force vs speed) where the first column (x column) is velocity and the others (y columns) are force and the z column correlates to the y column number. The idea is to create a Design Variable to change the y column that is being used. That spline is on the option ‘Spline: F=f(velo)’ in the spring properties.

QUESTION: What I can’t understand is how and where to change the z column (value of the design variable) that defines the force (y data) on the damper. [bigears]

QUESTION: Does anyone know what I am missing? [bigears]

Thank you for your help in advance! [bigsmile]

Sérgio

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hmm, no other way around that?

I thought that it was possible to do it with Design Variable and 3D spline without anything like that. following the same idea when you define a DV with the spring stiffness values... Isn't that possible?

The thing is that I never wrote any code for the solver...

Thank you for your reply ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back