3DARRAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKV

Mechanical
Oct 29, 2002
DE
Hi
I have been using AutoCAD 2000 for designing. I have written lisp files to generate 3D objects. I have the following problem:

I need to use 3DARRAY command. This is a lisp file. (3DARRAY.lsp). At AutoCAD console, this command works fine.
But in lisp file when I use this command (command "3DARRAY" .....), I get an error message "3DARRAY command unknown". I tried loading this lisp file explicitly by writing (load "3DARRAY") but without any success.

This file is in search path (c:\AutoCAD 2000\Support).

Could any one help me?

Thanking you
Vijayendra

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just a slight point if you are unfamiliar. Make sure your LISP routine is written like (defun C:3DARRAY...). Estassoc is correct. This tells AutoCAD that the LISP is defining a new command.

BU

Hi
Thanks to Estassoc, Borgunit, Blueprint for the tips. I tried all of them without any success:

In lisp console:
(command "C:3DARRAY", ....options)
(command "_3DARRAY", ....options)
(command "3DARRAY", ....options)

Instead if I type in lisp console : (C:3DARRAY)
It recognizes the command but asks for options at AutoCAD console. I tried to pass on the options this way:
(C:3DARRAY (ssget get_the_object) .......). I get an error

My intention is to give all the options in my lisp file. So that I don't have to do anything at AucoCAD console.

Thanks once again for the tips
Vijayendra

Hi,
I am sorry, I did not realize 3darray was an ACAD command (shows you how much I use it). You may try using a vlisp call to get your call i.e.

(vl-load-com)
(vl-cmdf "3darray" (ssget.....))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back