Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3DContentCentral Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPolano

Mechanical
Mar 10, 2003
US
Is there a way to print or download a listing of the User-designed Components shown in 3DContentCentral? The site has been very helpful, but it would be quicker to look at a listing of the components rather than page thru them.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the quick reply! 'Print Screen' will work but will eat up a lot of paper; figuring 'all the categories' x 'all the parts in each category', divided by 'the number of items displayed on a screen'.

I was hoping for a way to do a file listing (Excel, Access, or text) of all the parts in all of the categories - using maybe a page for each Category. I realize it would have to be updated often since parts are being added daily, but I feel it would save some time by looking thru this listing rather than paging thru all items on the Web.

Of course, I'd like to have a winning Lottery ticket, too..........

My Firefox and IE7 won't even show anything there right now--just stalls trying to load something.

It looks like the site uses frames, so what I was thinking of may be difficult. Anyway, I was thinking that perhaps you could pull the data from the HTML file (text format) of each of the pages. With frames, you'd need to understand which framed document is actually being accessed--you'd need to know a little HTML. After that, I'd bet you could write something that would clean up the results a bit on importing the text data for each of the accessed pages (updates relatively autonomously).

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back