Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3dsystems CPX 3500 MAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

little78926

Computer
Jun 29, 2015
US
thread1536-364804
thread1536-373095

Hello all,
Just get to this awesome forum. I am not a mechanic engineer but an jeweler and have CPX 3500MAX with M3 Hi-Cast and S400. Just like you, I have issue with the machine and re-seller... I figure out many things by the help of 3dsystems and myself. I checked the old post and have some tips to share.

For S400 removal, I use IPA(99%) : PPG400 = 4:1 in 45°C for 1st solution. The 2nd solution I use IPA:pPG=3~3.5:1, you can adjust the ratio of IPA, if it goes too low, the PPG will stay on the piece and make the surface casting rough.

For the platform problem, it is really complicated and has many potential problems.

A) Thin Wall (or missing print jets)
This problem can usually be solved by a regular purge and clean the print head(PH).
1)raise the PH and put a collecting tray under it
2)raise the PH temp to 99°C (I usually set 93-95°C for printing)
3)HMS perform purge for 10 to 20 seconds or until you can see the drops become flow(you may disable pump for both materials but it's not necessary)
4)spray Acetone on PH and clean it from back to fron with lint-free cloths.
5)you can repeat step 1-4
6)HMS perform wipe
7)check missing print jets by test fire (set 10,000 to see with flashlight or set 1000 to see by printting on the platform)

B)Over-or-Less spray
This is refer to the dust/powder around the pieces, especially on X direction. This is a big issue for WAX 3D Printer, the over or less spray. Consider your pic( the last step will be the most important thing. I will start to solve it from the easy way...

1)check the Stage/Map Enc. 3 times and make sure all below 8%
2)check the value(1.60) of Operator/PH Vaccum is as the same as the actual value that is measured by the pressure meter
3)check the horizontal of Planerizer and adjust it with Parameter/DSP-servo/Delta-Z
4)check the height(.040~.045) of DSP/Build Start (between Planerizer and Platform)
5)check Planerizer temp(81°C) and Misc/Speed(800-880rpm)
*6)PH diagnostics > drop mass > UHD/XHD and you have to weight the blocks of S400 and M3 with this form( Check the difference and set them to 1.5-3.0 with Parameter/PH Normalization. ( 1 difference in calc form = 8 in Normalization)
7)there are still some minor adjustments, I will share them later..

To all love engineers, please share your tips and experience with me!

Hi,
nice to have someone with knowledge on those printers here!
Would like to see more stuff!

specially how to clean the clogged jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back