4-20mA converter\ Mobile application "Signal 4-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephane DANTIGNY

Electrical
Jun 16, 2021
FR
Hello

You are passionate as I am about instrumentation and automation.

I put at your disposal a mobile application that will allow you easily from the scale of a sensor to convert physical quantities into 4-20 signal and conversely to convert 4-20 signal into physical quantities.

Discover "Signal 4-20".

Link

It's free and unlimited, all to increase your productivity. Let me know your observations

See you soon

Stéphane

Translated with (free version)

From the picture, it only converts flow to make?
These 4-20ma signals are made for devices reading many other variables.

Pressure
Temperature
Velocity
RPM
Level
To name only a few.

Maybe the entry should be set by the user?

Hello,

By default I chose that flow, level, pressure, temperature, because they are the most used. In fact we can say that it could have been another physical quantity (speed, analyzers, etc.).

Yes, as you say, I could have added a user defined input. I thought about it.
Thank you for your comment.

Stéphane

OK. Its not something I would use, so as you can probably tell, I didnt download the app. Sorry.
So apparently you have a drop down selection box allowing common units to be selected. Thats good.
My experience with similar apps is that there are so many units, you will never be able to list them all, and all users have their favourites, so what to do? I give users a selection box as you do, but also allow a user to over write the default selection by just typing in on top of it. Easy to implement and keeps everyone somewhat happy that they can personalize it a bit. Since the app is not actually converting units, only displaying a selected unit, the math won't be affected in any way, so I imagine that you could do that, if you like.

It doesn't matter if you don't download the application, the user should find it interesting. Yes I will make a version 3 to add a customizable field for a physical quantity other than those in the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back