Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4 or 5 button mouse config

Status
Not open for further replies.

desCANADA

Automotive
Nov 24, 2003
CA
Is it possible to assign commands, ie. rotate, pan, to a mouse with a 4th or 5th button?

thanks
'Matt

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What I do is use my mouse software (MS Intellimouse) to assign the SHIFT and CNTRL buttons to the 4th and 5th mouse buttons.

The answer is yes, depending on what mouse you are using and the driver you have installed. If you have an intellimouse, download and install the newest drivers from Microsoft, this will allow you to have program spacific control on the buttons you want to customize. So far I haven't found a driver for any logitech mice that will support Solidworks, but I am still looking. :)

I bought a mouse a few weeks ago, and installed the latest Intellimouse software, but they took that 'program specific' function out of it. So i installed my old version 4.0 intellimouse so i could customize the buttons.

You installed your old mouse, or old mouse drivers with your new mouse inorder to customize buttons with "program specific"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back